New Passover Items Available at Whole Foods
Shoppers looking for the latest foodie trends or traditional products for Passover can count on finding dozens of new and exclusive Kosher for Passover offerings at Whole Foods Market, thanks to Kedem Food Products, a leading manufacturer and distributor of kosher foods based in Bayonne, NJ.
Kedem’s new items include the first-ever Kosher for Passover fair trade coffee; salted, chocolate-drizzled coconut macaroons; ancient grain matzo and more, many of which will be exclusively available at Whole Foods Market for Passover 2016. The product mix adds to the national grocer’s wide array of natural, gluten-free and dairy-free choices.
Kedem Food Products and Whole Foods Market began innovating together about 10 years ago when these leaders in their respective market segments recognized a real need for more natural and organic choices in kosher food. Executive Vice President of Kayco, Harold Weiss, looked bacpassk on the decade-old relationship that began with a conversation he had with Errol Schweizer, Executive Grocery Coordinator at Whole Foods Market.
“Whole Foods Market has done something very special” says Weiss. “They’ve recognized the need to serve consumers who want kosher lifestyle products that also meet the high quality and responsible sourcing standards which Whole Foods Market stands for, such as no artificial ingredients, fair trade, organic farming and more. Throughout our 10 years working together, Whole Foods Market has become a resource for a full range of traditional and innovative kosher products that fit a variety of lifestyles and dietary needs. Among the most exciting innovations to spring from this collaboration is the nation’s first biodynamic grape juice under the Kedem brand. More than three years in the making, this project has been ambitious and rewarding. We look forward very much to continuing our partnership into a bright future.”
“At Whole Foods Market, we are committed to offering our customers new and unique choices that not only meet dietary needs, but are also produced to a higher standard,” said Errol Schweizer, executive global grocery coordinator for Whole Foods Market. “Year after year, Kedem has helped us deliver on that promise to our kosher shoppers. From formulating tried-and-true Passover staples without GMO’s or artificial ingredients, to creating new twists on traditional favorites, Kedem is constantly innovating, in consultation with us, to offer products customers can’t find anywhere else.”
Kedem’s line-up of Kosher for Passover products will be available at select Whole Foods Market locations nationwide beginning March 2016, and include:
New and Exclusive Passover Items
- Harrison’s Sweet Shoppe Raspberry Syrup
- Glick’s Salted Chocolate Macaroons, available in two varieties
New Passover Items for 2016
- Gefen Frozen Mashed Potatoes (also Sweet Potatoes) & Herbs and Spices
- Prigat Juices, imported from Israel
- Yehuda Guten-free Unsalted and Ancient Grain Matzo
- Gefen Kartofele Snacks, Couscous and Crackers (all gluten free)
- Gefen Chopped Garlic, Sautéed Onions
- Gefen Organic Beets (peeled & ready to eat)
- Wissotzsky Nana Mint Tea
- Premier & Geula Table Covers and Crock Pot Liners
- Gefen Kartofele (Car-Tuf-A-La) a line of crunchy seasoned gluten-free snacks
- The Chosen Bean Fair Trade Coffee (three varieties)
Returning Passover Favorites
- Avvio Organic Grape Juice; 100% Grape Juice made exclusively from NY Finger Lakes Region organic grapes.
- Glick’s Chocolate Chip, Chocolate, Coconut and Almond Macaroons (gluten-free)
- Harrison’s Original Sweet Shoppe Fair Trade Baking Chips, Natural Jelly Rings and Fruit Slices (gluten-free)
- Kedem Tilapia Gefilte Fish (gluten-free)
- Yehuda Organic Matzo
- Fox’s U-Bet, All-Natural & Fair Trade Chocolate Syrup