Experience the Northwest with Pacific Rain
Ninkasi Brewing Company knows quality craft beer is a result of quality components.That’s why the brewery chose to create a beer to celebrate the Pacific Northwest. Pacific Rain, a Northwest Pale Ale brewed with lava-filtered water from the McKenzie River and a band of four flavorful hops, joins Ninkasi’s year-round Flagship Series this February.
Pacific Rail will be available in 12-ounce 6-packs and draft. The brew is a flavorful Northwest Pale Ale whose base is built on quality water. Brewed with water from Oregon’s McKenzie River, the water undergoes natural filtration through lava rock before reaching the brewery, making for the perfect brewing ingredient. Paired with four distinguished hops—Citra, Simcoe, Mosaic, and Nugget—this Northwest Pale Ale captures the Pacific Northwest’s love of hops while remaining crisp and easy to sip.
“The sweetness of the malt lifts the hop flavor and aroma without intensifying the bitterness, bringing about juicy citrus, tropical and slightly dank tones,” says Jamie Floyd, Ninkasi co-founder and founding brewer. “We’re super happy to release a full-flavored Pale Ale true to Ninkasi.”
The Pacific Rain label is a unique look for Ninkasi’s Flagship Series beers, presenting a basic color palette and simple layout. “It was clear this beer required a new approach to focus on the quality of ingredients used,” says Nick Yarger, Ninkasi’s in-house art director. “The label features a subtle Pacific Northwest landscape that matches the experience of the beer, inspiring a deeper understanding of the process and intention put into the liquid itself.”
Pacific Rain Stats
- Style: Northwest Pale Ale
- Series:Flagship Series
- Available: Year-Round Starting February 2017
- ABV: 5.4%
- IBU: 50
- Malt: 2-Row Pale, Munich, Oats
- Hops: Citra, Simcoe, Mosaic, Nugget
- Packaging: 12oz. 6-Pack, Draft
- Tasting Notes: This flavorful Northwest Pale Ale starts with a balanced, malty sweetness that lays the foundation for profiling some of the most alluring hops around. Citra, Mosaic, Simcoe and Nugget hop varieties present a captivating experience with character and aroma notes that are citrusy, tropical, botanical, and piney. The lingering sweetness rounds out the hop flavor making each drink as smooth and refreshing as the last.
- Food Pairings: Grilled Meats and Vegetables, Seafood, Citrusy Salads, Spicy Foods, Shortbread Cookies, Citrus Tarts, Bread Pudding
- Distribution: Alaska; Alberta; Arizona; California; D.C.; Colorado; Idaho; Maryland; Nevada; New York; Oregon; Texas; Utah; Washington; and Vancouver, British Columbia