48th Fall Tempe Festival of the Arts (& Giveaway!!)
PhoenixBites is all about local love and there is nothing that falls more in line with that than the Tempe Festival of the Arts. Twice a year the Downtown Tempe Authority gathers artists from all over our state, and the country, to share their artistry with us. This year will mark the 48th Fall Tempe Festival of the Arts and the planned event is said to be better than ever.
What Can You Expect From the 48th Fall Tempe Festival of the Arts?
This year there the Fall Festival of the Arts will boast more than 300 artists from around the country. The Fall Festival will stretch from 3rd Street to University along Mill Avenue and anticipates as many as 225,000 guests this year.
What Kind Of Artists Are Featured at the Fall Tempe Festival of the Arts?
There will be artists on hand featuring pretty much anything that you can think of. From buttons to children’s clothing, upcycled furniture to watercolors, metal work to handmade jewelry and everything in between.
What’s New at the Fall Tempe Festival of the Arts This Year?
• Beer & Wine Gardens | There’s nothing better than relaxing with a glass of wine or cold brew after a day of soaking up some culture and shopping. Thankfully, the Beer & Wine Garden has been expanded after it first being introduced at this year’s Spring Festival. There will now be 3 separate gardens that have partnered up with Tempe-based Pedal Haus and Four Peaks Breweries as well as Gordon Biersch Brewing Company to make sure everyone stays “hydrated.”
• Food Truck Alley | Here’s where our expertise comes in! You know we love a good local food truck, I mean its like a grown up ice cream truck! The Spring Festival hosted a few food trucks and the success of that addition required some more options and space, hence Food Truck Alley was born! Over the course of the Festival weekend, you’re bound to see as many as 10 different food trucks serving up great dining options. Have a light snack in the morning, walk around enough to work up a good appetite and then hit up some of your favorite trucks or try a few new ones.
• Kid’s Block | The Fall Festival of the Arts is a great way to introduce your kids to new forms of art and expression. The Kid’s Block is the icing on that culture cake. There are a dozen community organizations that have come together to create a completely interactive experience for the kids. There will be student art exhibits along with a number of creation stations for your kids to delve into their inner artist. Your littles will love this new addition.
Need a Refresher of the Other Aspects of the Festival?
• Chalk-a-Lot-Street | This aspect of the Festival has been a feature for several years but the space and popularity have grown each year. Over the three-day festival, you’ll be able to see the chalk mural grow and expand while the artists labor over their creation.
• Entertainment | You’ll find a variety of local and regional music throughout the Festival as well as on 3 stages throughout the Festival. From musicians and group to street performers, the Festival has it all.
The Fall Tempe Festival of the Arts is taking place December 2nd through the 4th and will be open from 10am until 5:30pm each day. The event is 100% free to attend and is open to the public. Gather up your family and friends and make a day of it.
Fall Tempe Festival of the Arts Giveaway
To add a little more fun to the weekend, we have a great giveaway for you. The prize package features a variety of goods from DTA vendors and is valued at $165.
If selected, you will win the following:
1 K&R Fudge Gift Basket
2 Large Bags of What’s Poppin’ Kettle Korn
1 $8 Coupon Redeemable at Luu’s Italian Ice
2 32 ounce Stainless Steel Mugs from Eureka Old Fashioned Soda
1 Growler from Gordon Biersch
2 Beer Koozies from Gordon Biersch
1 $25 Gordon Biersch Gift Card
1 Pair of Glasses from Pedal Haus
1 Pedal Haus Refillable Growler
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Congratulations to our winner, Judith! Enjoy the festival!
*This announcement is part of a sponsored series. View our Disclosure Policy for more info.