Events | 7 Ways the FRIED Festival is Sure to be Better than the Fyre Festival
If your social media feeds are anything like mine, you’ve likely seen everyone talking about the recently released Fyre Festival documentaries. The “festival that never was” created disappointment for all who spent a crazy amount of money to attend. One local festival that will leave you with no regrets is the upcoming FRIED Festival, an entire day dedicated to French fries and music.
7 Ways the FRIED Festival is Sure to be Better than the Fyre Festival
- The FRIED Festival is created by the same folks that bring you the Phoenix Pizza Festival and the Downtown Donut Festival so you know it’s going to happen and it’s going to be epic.
- Tickets to get into the festival are only $15, so no need to take out a loan or a second mortgage to afford to go. Food and drink tickets are an additional cost, but we promise it won’t break the bank! All vendors will have at least one menu option between $2 and $3. Beer and wine will be available for $6, water for $3 and soda for $2. While some vendors will have card readers, cash is king at the festival. Drink tickets are cash only, so be sure to have some on hand. If you forget or run low, ATMs will be on site.
- No sad cheese sandwiches here! There will be over 20 different makers serving up fancy French fry creations. From the straight-forward hot and salty variety to those with fancy toppings and dipping sauces, there will be more French fry varieties than one could possibly sample in a day, all far more aesthetically pleasing and palate friendly than what you would have gotten at the Fyre Festival.
- No passport required. The FRIED Festival is happening Saturday, April 20th at Hance Park in Downtown Phoenix.
- The musical performances will be lit. No false promises here, the musical line up is set with no added trickery. You’ll be able to check out Fairy Bones, decker., Please, Mr. Mudd & Mr. Gold, Weird Radicals and Gus D. Wynns & The Breakers throughout the festival. Not familiar with their music, you can check them out beforehand on the festival website. How handy!
- Your money goes to the good guys. The event will benefit Downtown Phoenix Inc., a 501(c)3 organization that promotes the continued revitalization of downtown Phoenix.
- Did you catch the part where it’s an entire festival celebrating French fries? Seriously, who doesn’t love French fries? They’re crazy versatile (as will be demonstrated by folks like Ginger Monkey, Frites St., Gracie’s Tax Bar, Left Coast Burrito and many more.)
I have cut way back on carbs in the last few months, but from 2pm until 10pm on April 20th, I will be feasting on some of the best French fry creations in all of the valley. Will I see you there?
FRIED Festival | April 20th from 2pm until 10pm | 1202 N. 3rd St. | Phoenix | 85004