Events | A Miracle (Bar) on Jefferson Street
Christmas is upon us and soon enough I’ll be letting you know all the best spots to get your festive dining on, but the Miracle Bar pop-up event deserves its own post.
Blue Hound Kitchen & Cocktails is going all out this season with their over the top celebration. (Think Clark Griswold but with more food and drinks!)
The Miracle Bar pop-up originated in New York City in 2014 and is set to appear in 90 locations throughout the world. The event at Blue Hound will be the only one in Phoenix.
Guests can expect to see snowy windows beckoning them to come in from the cold. Step inside you’re encompassed by tens of thousands of Christmas lights and more Elf on the Shelf friends than you ever thought existed. Even the restaurant staff are getting festive, donning ugly holiday sweaters and maybe even a stocking cap or two.
“We’ve been watching this cocktail bar pop-up concept gain tremendous recognition over the years in major markets like New York City, Chicago and Los Angeles and we knew we needed to be the first to bring it to Downtown Phoenix,” said Wade Gruenewald, director of food and beverage at Blue Hound. “The Miracle concept is a perfect fit for us as it complements our award-winning craft-cocktail program and ties in to the holiday festivities at CityScape Phoenix.”
The festive cocktail menu features 12 season inspired libations. Here are a just a few of the new drinks available during the Miracle Bar event:
- Bad Santa | Hot milk punch with Barbados Rum, Trinidad Overproof Rum, Batavia Arrack, pineapple juice, lemon juice, almond milk, eight spices, coconut water and coconut oil
- Snowball Old Fashioned | Butterscotch rye, spiced Demerara, Wormwood bitters and orange zest
- Gingerbread Flip | Bourbon,gingerbread syrup, Elemakule Tiki Bitters, whole egg and nutmeg
- Jingle Balls Nog | Cognac, PedroXimenez Sherry, brown butter, cinnamon, cherry, vanilla, almond milk, cream,sugar, egg and nutmeg
- Koala-La La La, La La La La | Gin, pine, dry vermouth, lime, eucalyptus syrup and orange bitters
- Yippie Ki Yay Mother F****r! | Sweet Potato Barbados Rum, Cachaça, Trinidad Oveproof Rum, Dry Curacao, marshmallow orgeat and lime
- And A Partridge In A Pear Tree | Reposado Tequila, Pear Brandy, mezcal, spiced Demerara syrup, lime, egg white, cub soda, angostura bitters and cinnamon
Make sure to check out the new food items as well. New Executive Chef Dushyant Singh has come up with some great accoutrements to those cocktails. Here is a sample of what’s new:
- Gobble Gobble | a confit turkey leg, black vinegar tart cherries and a sweet potato puree
- Oh My Gourd | savory battered delicata squash (donuts), everything spice, apple butter and bourbon maple
- Selfish Bowl | shellfish, chorizo and preserved lemon chermoula
Your Miracle Bar experience isn’t complete without Santa’s Treats: assorted mini cookies along with cereal milk and chocolate bark.
Amp things up by reserving an entire booth (they’re all named after the season’s beloved characters) and get table-side s’mores and bottle service. (Reach out to email@example.com to book your VIP experience.)
If you have too much to drink or just want to make the magic last a little longer, book the signature hotels Miracle Experience starting at $169 a night. The hotel package includes two skate rentals at CitySkate and two Miracle holiday mugs.
Miracle at Blue Hound will be open 11am until 12an, Sunday through Thursday and 11am until 1am on Friday and Saturday.
Blue Hound Kitchen & Cocktails | 2 E. Jefferson St. | Phoenix | 85004 | 602.258.0231
I can’t think of a more delicious way to get into the spirit of the holidays than checking out the Miracle Bar pop-up at Blue Hound.