Arizona Restaurant Week Celebrates 10 Years
The Arizona Restaurant Association’s Arizona Restaurant Week is commemorating a decade of delicious dining this year with its 10th annual ARW happening this Fall. What initially began as an annual week-long celebration has since branched out into a bi-annual 10-day foodie extravaganza. The 2017 Spring ARW will kick off ten days of feasting, May 19 through May 28, with over 150 participating restaurants showcasing three-course, prix-fixe meals for only $33 or $44 per person. There is no better way to knock some spots off of your dining bucket list, if you have that sort of thing…which you should.
In addition to Spring ARW, the Arizona Restaurant Association will host Arizona Breakfast Weekend from July 27th through July 30th and Fall ARW will be held September 15th through September 24th.
This year ARW is celebrating big and I have it on good authority that there will be a chance for diners to win big. Details will be coming soon and you can be sure that we get them to you as soon as we have them.
To tide you over, check out these 10 fun facts to celebrate 10 years of Arizona Restaurant Week:
- In 2008 Arizona Restaurant Week started with 93 participating restaurants in the Fall.
- In 2011, Arizona Restaurant Week expanded to Spring AND Fall.
- Arizona is rapidly growing as one the top foodie destinations in the country.
- It is estimated that over 3 million people have dined out during the past ten years for Arizona Restaurant Week.
- The official website, Arizona Restaurant Week gets over one million unique visits in the weeks leading up to a restaurant week.
- In 2017, over 10% of employment in the state is provided by restaurant and food service jobs; Arizona leads the nation in job growth potential for this sector.
- Nearly 400 different restaurants have participated in ARW over the past ten years.
- The average restaurant sees about a 20% increase in sales during Arizona Restaurant Week.
- On average, about 60% of participating restaurants opt for a $33 menu while about 40% choose to serve the $44 option.
- Ten restaurants that have participated in every single year of Arizona Restaurant Week since 2008 are: Avanti, Cowboy Ciao, Deseo at the Westin Kierland, Don & Charlies, Firebirds, LON’s at the Hermosa Inn, Roka Akor, Roaring Fork, The Capital Grille (Scottsdale) and The Melting Pot (Scottsdale).
Arizona Restaurant Association president and CEO Steve Chucri said, “Arizona Restaurant Week has remained a strong culinary driver to many local chefs and restaurant owners as well as a treasured memory maker for diners. It’s hard to go wrong, and we are delighted to be celebrating ten years of making folks happy.”
The White Chocolate Grill, Roy’s Chandler, District American Kitchen & Wine Bar, Sonata’s Restaurant, Ajo Al’s Mexican Café (4 locations), Salty Sow and Firebirds (3 locations) make up just a small sampling of participating restaurants around the Valley—many more will be added.
Those anticipating the arrival of Spring ARW can check out updates at www.ArizonaRestaurantWeek.com, where participating restaurants and their menus will be continually added.
If you are looking for the best and latest in Arizona restaurant and culinary news, please make sure to sign up for our newsletter, give us a like on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and Instagram to make sure that you never miss a bite!
© Taryn Jeffries 2017