Are You Ready for the Burger Battle at Okra?
As a Midwestern girl, there are few things can delight me culinarily than a juicy, well-crafted burger. During the month of October, I am going to dig deep into my roots and fully immerse myself in some down home burger goodness at the Burger Battle being held at Okra, and it’s all to benefit a great cause.
As it turns out, much to my carnivorous heart’s delight, six of the Valley’s best chef’s will be competing against one another in the ultimate burger battle beginning on October 9th. The best part, aside from delicious and creative burgers, is that a portion of the proceeds from the Burger Battle will go directly to C-Cap, an organization that helps young men and women start their career in the culinary arts.
How Does the Burger Battle Work?
- Each week, two local celebrity chefs will battle it out at Okra.
- Celebrity chefs will be on hand to decide who has made the winning burger.
- The winner of that week’s challenge will move on to the final round, which will be held on October 30th.
Who is Competing in the Burger Battle and When?
- October 9, 2016 | Kelly Fletcher (Zen Culinary) vs. Gio Osso (Virtu and Nico’s Heirloom Kitchen)
- October 16, 2016| Cullen Campbell (Crudo and Okra Cookhouse & Cocktails) vs. Doug Robson (Otro)
- October 23, 2016 | Justin Beckett (Beckett’s Table and Southern Rail) vs. Chris Newstrom (Upward Projects)
- October 30, 2016 | Finals with the 3 winners from the above challenges
Each battle will begin on the designated date at 3pm, but you are going to want to make sure to be there early. These competitions are going to be brutal and the burger specials are in limited supply, so they are sure to sell out quickly. You are encouraged to come in and witness the battle, order the burgers (while they last) as well as any of their Sunday Specials. What are these Sunday Specials, you ask? How about all day happy hour (oh yes, on Sunday), half price bottles of wine and master mixologist Micah Olson will be creating some special Tito’s cocktails and punch to complement the burgers features in the Burger Battle.
Are you ready for what these local celebrity chefs will be serving up? I can’t wait!!
Okra Cookhouse & Cocktails | 5813 N. 7th St. | Phoenix | 85014 | 602.296.4147
If you are looking for the best and latest in Arizona restaurant and culinary news, please make sure to sign up for our newsletter, give us a like on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and Instagram to make sure that you never miss a bite!
© Taryn Jeffries 2016