Buy a Pizza & Help Arizona Friends of Foster Children Foundation
Did you know that May is Foster Care Awareness Month? Papa Murphy’s Pizza has launched a new campaign to benefit the Arizona Friends of Foster Children Foundation (AFFCF). Arizona Friends of Foster Children Foundation was started over 30 years ago with the mission of giving children in foster care a chance at a normal childhood. To that end, funds raised during this campaign will go towards music lessons, summer camp and other activities that are essential to these kids.
“We give children in foster care back their childhood. We help promote their self-esteem and enrich their lives by funding activities and other needs that give them the experiences they need while going through very difficult times. This partnership with Papa Murphy’s will allow us to enhance the lives of so many deserving children,” said AFFCF Executive Director Kris Jacober.
For the entire month of May, every Family Size, Signature Pepperoni Pizza purchased at Papa Murphy’s, $1 will be donated to AFFCF. You can help by visiting any one of the 45 locations in the greater Phoenix and Northern Arizona.
“There’s over 19,000 kids in the foster care system in Arizona. We want to do everything we can to help these children,” said Ed Holmes, who owns numerous Papa Murphy’s locations around Arizona. “Giving a foster child a joyful childhood is a cause that aligns so well with our company mission and we are honored to partner with AFFCF during Foster Care Awareness Month.”
What exactly does Arizona Friends of Foster Children Foundation do?
- Every day a young woman tells her Keys to Success worker about her hopes and dreams and starts down the path to making them come true.
- Every day a child takes his first bike ride on a bicycle provided by AFFCF.
- Every day a donor to AFFCF gives a child in foster care a new opportunity to play a sport, or take a music lesson, or join a gymnastics team.
- Every day a child in foster care is represented by a good attorney whose only job is to ensure that their best interests are represented in a difficult and complicated system.
- Every day a child in foster care gets a new bed with brand new bedding…so he can feel safe and cozy in his new home.
These are just a few of the things that the organization does to make sure that these special children are cared for, appreciated and safe. Please stop by Papa Murphy’s this month and help make sure that the Arizona Friends of Foster Children Foundation can continue to do this great work.
If you are looking for the best and latest in Arizona restaurant and culinary news, please make sure to sign up for our newsletter, give us a like on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and Instagram to make sure that you never miss a bite!
© Taryn Jeffries 2016