This Friday: 3rd Annual Epicuriad Culinary Competition to benefit Beer for Brains
This Friday, March 22nd, Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort will host again this year’s Epicuriad to benefit the Beer for Brains Foundation. The culinary competition will feature many of the Valley’s most-known chefs – all of them competing for bragging rights and raising funds for this great cause. The Phoenix-based Beer for Brains Foundation is a national, non-profit organization of craft-beer lovers, distributors and brewers, who are committed to raising public awareness about brain cancer and fundraises to find a cure.
This special, food-filled evening will take place from 7:30-11pm in the resort’s newly renovated Palacio venue. Participating chefs will each pair a beer and wine with a handcrafted dish and you get to vote whether the beer or wine complements the dish better and will cast your final vote to decide which chef presented the overall best pairing.
Chefs you’ll see this year include:
- Elements at Sanctuary . Aaron Rickel (Chef Rickel will be preparing for VIP and a sous chef will compete in the main event)
- Phoenician, Lee Hilson and Frank Belosic
- Pig and Pickle, Joshua Riesner
- Top of the Rock, Greg Wiener
- Lon’s at Hermosa Inn, Jeremy Pacheco
- Litchfields at Wigwam, Chris Knouse
- Rico’s American Grill, Ken Arneson
- BJ’s, Jason Hernandez
- Skeptical Chemist, Adam Allison
- Brat Haus, Aaron Ward
- Sake To Me Marinades, Lon Christopher
This year also features a full dessert buffet, raffle and live music in a cocktail party setting. General admission tickets are $75 and VIP are $100. Proceeds benefit the Beer for Brains Foundation and their quest to find a cure for brain cancer.