Recipe: Roaring Fork’s Chocolate Pecan Pie
Looking for a special Valentine’s Day dessert to win over your sweetheart? If the object of your affection is a pecan pie fan, try a chocolate take on the classic dessert with a recipe from Roaring Fork’s Executive Chef, Michael Bouwens, for Chocolate Pecan Pie.
Ready to go in under an hour, this recipe incorporates savory chocolate and toffee pieces as well as a pecan crunch.
CHOCOLATE PECAN PIE
Yields 1 pie
- 9 oz white corn syrup
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1 1/4 oz melted butter
- 6 oz chocolate chips
- 12 oz pecans
- 6 oz toffee pieces
- Whipped cream, as needed
- Stir melted butter, eggs & light corn syrup in large mixing bowl until ingredients for a minute or two.
- Add sugar & mix well.
- Stir in dry ingredients: Chocolate chips, Pecans, Toffee.
- Pour into pie crust & bake at 325 degrees for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, turn the oven down to 300 & bake for another 20 minutes.
- Let stand until cooled.
- Serve with a dollop of whipped cream
Learn more about Roaring Fork by visiting their website at Roaringfork.com.