Becuase Everyone Loves a List
These items are in no particular order – so don’t read too much into it – other than the fact that I highly recommend that you share in the experience. If you have been to any of these places, we would love to hear your thoughts and experiences. Have your own list? We’d love to hear that too.
So, because everyone loves a list…
2. Drop In and Decorate Event held at Olive & Ivy – Amy and I had a great opportunity to give back to the community in a sweet way. We held a Drop In and Decorate event and rallied the community to join us. You came out in droves and we were successful in decorating and donating 50 dozen cookies! The cookies were delivered to Florence Crittendon and Justa Center. We received many donated items for raffle prizes for those in attendance. It was an overwhelming and heart-swelling event and we are so thankful for everyone who helped make our first official event a huge success!
3. The opening of Dominick’s Steakhouse at the Scottsdale Quarter – Just ridiculous. The amount of food we ate this night was a bit out of control – almost as out of control as the amount of food we left with in our to-go bags! The over-all experience will be impossible to beat. The throw-back feeling you get from the moment you walk in the door is incomparable to anywhere I have been so far. The food was remarkable and with the lessening of meat-eating going on in my life, I will surely return to this memory over and over and over…
4. The Jewel of Sedona – Our BiteCation was filled with excitement (sometimes a little too much excitement, ask me later) and some tasty meals – but none of those meals could touch the overall experience we had at L’Auberge on Oak Creek. I think we met almost everyone on staff and were enamoured by them all, most especially Chef David Schmidt. The opportunities we are afforded at times to speak with the chef who prepares our food is almost like having a generous sprinkling of magic kitchen dust on that which is served to us. Chef David is delightful, funny and a master craftsman in the kitchen.
5. Chef Peter DeRuvo – We met Chef Peter shortly after his arrival at Prado and had a plethora of amazing meals and laughs there. Chef Peter is laid-back, charming, kind, and involved. He is also an amazing chef. Due to his influence, I have delighted in new culinary discoveries and am so grateful to him for that. He recently moved on to Cuoco Pazzo and has taken his kitchen wizardry there. I look forward to more memorable dishes and evenings shared with friends there.
6. Last, but certainly not least – YOU! Each and everyone one of you who follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and read our articles. You give us the fire and passion to keep on keeping on! Your suggestions and feedback mean the world to us.Your support this past year has been awe-inspiring. You helped us win the Favorite Local Website or Blog award from Arizona Foothills Magazine. You all are amazing and we thank you from the bottom of our bellies! Please continue to give us feedback, suggestions and especially your recommendations.