SEEDs for Autism Holds Culinary Fundraising Event on April 9th
SEEDs for Autism (Success through Education Exploration & Development), a Phoenix based nonprofit dedicated to assisting young adults on the autism spectrum learn vocational skills to make marketable products, is holding a ‘Climbing Above Challenges’ culinary fundraising event on April 9th, at Phoenix Rock Gym in Tempe.
SEEDs of Autism is a group of career artisans who collaborate as a team to fabricate and teach a multitude of skill sets to make products that are functional to adults on the autism spectrum. They work in glass, mosaics, metals, concrete, paper, wood and more. They are not a craft day care, but rather an actual vocational facility that helps to teach participants work ethics, teamwork, socialization skills, as well as how to use an array of tooling and marketing to make some pretty amazing products. Their goal is to take as many of the students as they can from “LEARNing to EARNing”.
The event to raise funds for this self-funded program will be held on April 9th from 7pm-10pm at Phoenix Rock Gym and will feature:
- Rock Climbing (Phoenix Rock Gym has generously donated their facility to host the event. They will be keeping their staff of professional climbers on-hand for the evening to teach and assist new climbers.)
- Culinary Stations featuring local guest chefs
- Wine Tasting
- Silent Auctions with items donated by local merchants and fine art items donated by local artists.
- Raffle Items & Door Prizes
- The latest SEEDs products available for purchase!
- Live Music….and more.
Cost is $45 in advance and $60 at the door. There are three ways to purchase tickets:
- Call 602-279-6702 to find out more about the event and purchase tickets
- Mail your payment to: SEEDS for Autism | 1775 E. Ocotillo Rd. | Phoenix, AZ | 85016
- Visit their website at seedsforautism.org, use the Paypal button and specify your payment for the event.
For more information about the organization, visit seedsforautism.org.