Rock the Guac: AZ Taco Fest Pregame and Fundraiser
It’s no secret that I have an undying fondness and loyalty to the founders of EaterAZ and the Arizona Taco Festival. Rick Phillips and David Tyda have been a force in the Valley food scene and have always been supportive of PhoenixBites since our first meeting at Big Earl’s Barbeque way back when. While I have always known that they are great guys, they just keep giving me more and more reasons to solidify that thought.
They have created the Rock the Guac event happening on September 16th which just so happens to be National Guacamole Day. They will partner with the Hotel Valley Ho and will feature over 20 of the Valley’s top chefs to see who has the best guacamole in town. Not only does this event mark the 30-day countdown to the Arizona Taco Festival and is a festive way to celebrate the glory of avocados on their national holiday but it will also assist The Epilepsy Foundation of Arizona.
So what exactly is going to go down at Rock the Guac?
• Unlimited guacamole samples
• Gourmet food stations set up by chefs from the Hotel Valley Ho
• Patron margaritas
• Corona cervesas
• Live music by DJ P-Body along with other entertainment
Who will be participating in the Rock the Guac competition?
• Jennifer Russo | The Market by Jennifer’s
• Doug Robson | Otro Café
• Mel Mecinas | Talavera at The Four Season Scottsdale
• Justin Pfeilsticker | Hotel Valley Ho
• Aaron May | The Lodge & Overeasy & Goodwood
• Stephen Jones | The Larder + The Delta
• Bernie Kantak | The Gladly & Citizen Public House
• Anthony Serrano | El Palacio Cantina
• Kim & Tim Cobb | United Lunchadores & The Taco & Dilla Parlor
• Aaron Pool | Gadzooks Enchiladas & Soup
• Forest Hamrick | La Hacienda
• Richard Hinojosa | CRUjienteTacos
• Jacob Cutino | Homeboy’s Habanero
• Alex Stratta | OAT Restaurant Group
• Mark Tarbell | Tarbell’s Restaurant & The Tavern and Wine Store
• Chefs from Z’Tejas and Taco Guild
How much are tickets to Rock the Guac?
Tickets are only $40 and can be purchased online only. The event will take place from 6pm until 9pm and is guaranteed to be a great time for a great cause.
Hotel Valley Ho | 6850 E. Main St. | Scottsdale | 85251
© Taryn Jeffries 2016