One Extra Day, 5 New Handcrafted Cocktails!
With Leap Year comes an extra day and 5 new handcrafted cocktails from behind the signature island bar at Yard House. On Monday, February 29th, Yard House will add a collection of new libations to its innovative cocktail menu.
Known for its creative cuisine and a vast selection of draft beer, Yard House is also a destination for enjoying creative handcrafted cocktails served in a fun and casual setting. The new adult concoctions feature fresh ingredients including fresh pomegranate seeds, juicy blood orange, cayenne pepper, seared jalapenos, house made clover honey syrup and fresh watermelon juice, just to name a few.
“Cocktails, like food, are all about the freshness and quality of the ingredients,” said Gregory Howard, manager of beverage for Yard House. “Palates have become more sophisticated and, as a result, so has what goes on behind the bar. It’s about using ingredients that complement the spirits and add interest to the presentation and flavors inside the glass. Processed, pre-made syrups and salt-rimmed glasses aren’t enough anymore.”
Howard and his team collaborated with Executive Chef Carlito Jocson in creating the new handcrafted cocktails collection, which includes:
- Midnight Sangria: a honey-melon sweetened Red Sangria utilizing Hennessy VS Cognac and Pinot Noir served in a generous goblet, garnished with a blood orange wheel and a sprinkling of fresh pomegranate seeds
- Sunkissed Sangria: a refreshing peach-citrus White Sangria that uses Stoli Peachik and Pinot Grigio served in a goblet, garnished with a blood orange wheel, pomegranate seeds, and fresh quartered strawberries
- Easy Kentucky: a blend of Woodford Reserve Bourbon, house-made honey clover syrup, ginger and fresh lemon juice served in a bucket glass with a hint of cayenne pepper
- The Refresher: made with Prairie Cucumber Vodka, St. Germain Elderflower, house-made citrus agave blend, house-made watermelon juice, fresh cucumber and lime, this beverage lives up to its name. Topped with a splash of prosecco served in a tall cooler glass.
- El Picante: creating a bit of heat, El Picante is made with Casamigos Blanco Tequila, Cointreau, house-made citrus agave blend, cayenne pepper and muddled jalapeños served in a salted goblet with a Grand Marnier float and garnished with a seared jalapeño half and a wedge of lime.
“Each of these cocktails adds something new to our menu and enhance the diversity so everyone can find something they love,” added Howard. “We put an emphasis on showcasing the unique ingredients and flavors, ensuring that they stand out individually yet still blend together perfectly.”
Yard House boasts a full bar at each of their locations and also features a full list of martinis and mules made with house-made ginger beer along wth an average of 130 taps of the best American craft and import beers. Yard House is open daily for lunch, dinner, and late-night dining. They will be debuting the collection of new handcrafted cocktails on Monday, February 29th.
If you are looking for the best and latest in Arizona restaurant and culinary news, please make sure to sign up for our newsletter, give us a like on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and Instagram to make sure that you never miss a bite!