Churn’s Savannah Smile Ice Cream
Arizona chefs have stepped up to the challenge, the Girl Scout Dessert Challenge that is. For the fourth year in a row, chef’s from some of the states most popular restaurants are reimagining the treasured flavors of your favorite Girl Scout Cookies and making a custom dessert and putting it on their menu. For the entire month of February, the special dessert will be featured on the participating restaurants menu and a portion of the proceeds from that dessert will directly benefit the local Girl Scout community.
This Savannah Smile Ice Cream with Raspberry Swirl recipe was created by Jada Shiya of Churn. You can purchase this dessert at Churn for $14 a quart ($3.50 for a regular scoop $3 for a kids scoop, $5.50 for a triple, $4.50 for a double and $7.50 for a pint), or you can follow this recipe to make your own at home.
Churn | 5223 N. Central Ave. | Phoenix | 85012 | 602.279.8024
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 5 egg yolks
- 8 Savannah Smile cookies
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips
- pinch sea salt
- 1 zested lemon
- 1 pint raspberries
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 Tbsp. Lemon Juice
- 1 Tbsp. corn starch
- 1/4 cup water
- Heat milk, cream, and sugar in a sauce pan until hot.
- Slowly add hot liquid to egg yolks while whisking.
- Place liquid back in the sauce pan and cook on medium low heat while whisking until it reaches 165-170*F.
- Poor into a blender and add cookies, white chocolate, salt, and zest.
- Blend until completely smooth.
- Allow to cool completely or over night until churning using your ice cream machines directions.
- Place raspberries, sugar, and lemon juice in a sauce pan over medium heat.
- Cook until a slight boil begins. Stir to keep from sticking to the bottom.
- Mix corn starch and water together and add to raspberries while whisking.
- Cook until the corn starch dissolves completely and the sauce becomes thick.
- Let cool completely before using.