Brat Haus Scottsdale is Getting Sophisticated
Brat Haus Scottsdale has been through a few changes since it opened in July of 2012. From different chefs to menu switch ups, its been an exciting ride but things are about to get a little sophisticated.
It may seem a little wacky for a casual restaurant to make a sophisticated switch, but if anyone can pull it off its going to be new Executive Chef Jeffrey Schoening. Chef Schoening recently returned to the valley with his new bride and son by his side after a move to the Pacific Northwest. Prior to his move, he had a hand in developing the tastes of St. Francis and Tarbells.
Chef Schoening has taken time to incorporate fresh, locally-sourced ingredients into the menu, putting a spin on the contemporary European style fare. Chef’s elevated palate has really invigorated the menu and we can’t wait to settle in and give everything a try!
- Jalapeno Cheddarwurst | sport pepper, relish, tomato, celery seed, pickle spear, onion, ball park mustard
- Rattle Snake & Rabbit | cactus and corn salsa along with fresh avocado
- Lamb & Goat Currywirst | caramelized onion and cilantro topped with a habanero jam
Looking to fill up on apps? You are in luck with some new shareable additions.
- Chicharron Nachos | pork rinds, avocado, pico and cilantro
- Roasted Cauliflower | sesame, Crow’s DAiry yogurt, hazelnut and mint
- Southwestern Poutine | Belgian fries, jalapeno cheese curds, green chili pork topped with a fried egg
Want to lighten things up a little? Check out these new items fresh from the garden!
- The Wedge | bacon, a seven minute egg, tomato, blue cheese crumbles and buttermilk dressing
- Roasted Local Beets | Crow Dairy feta, winter citrus and pistachio
- Superfood Salad | quinoa, edamame, amaranth, tomatoes, hemp seed, avocado, ginger, garlic along with a sweet and spicy dressing
Chef Schoening is a localvore so you can be sure to find lots of local purveyors like Noble Bread, Arizona Cheese Company, McClendon Select Farms, Hayden Mills and more making their way to the Brat Haus Scottsdale menu. Who’s coming with me?
Brat Haus | 3622 N. Scottsdale Road | Scottsdale | 480.947.4006
If you are looking for the best and latest in Arizona restaurant and culinary news, please make sure to sign up for our newsletter, give us a like on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and Instagram to make sure that you never miss a bite!
© Taryn Jeffries 2018