Travel | Pack Up and Go: For Those About to Fly by the Seat of Their Pants
The sad truth of my life is that I don’t travel near enough. It’s not for desire; I would love to Pack Up and Go on a whim… but two kids and a new full-time job make it a little difficult. If you have a little more freedom and a sense of adventure, I have the perfect service for you!
Pack Up and Go
If you love surprises and traveling, Pack Up and Go is perfect for you. Basically, it is a service that does all the travel planning for you, with minimal effort from you. They take care of all the details, all that’s left for you to do is, well pack up and go!
How Does Pack Up and Go Work?
This is the easiest part. You’ll set up a travel profile, answer a few questions like:
- your per person travel budget, which will include travel as well as accommodations
- the dates you want to travel along with any time restrictions
- the last 3-5 trips you took for leisure
- any upcoming trips you have planned
- the type of travel you most enjoy (relaxation, immersed in culture or action packed)
- some hobbies (dancing, fine dining, theater, etc)
- dietary restrictions
- your traveler’s information (names, ages, etc.)
- if your trip is celebration related
Once you’ve input all the above information, Pack Up and Go will book your travel and accommodations for you. About a week before your scheduled trip you’ll receive a few key pieces of information about your trip.
- specific weather forecast for your trip, without giving away the details
- a list of recommended items to pack (think jackets, bathing suits, hiking boots, etc.)
- luggage size restrictions
- instructions on where to go to start your trip (airport, train station, etc)
A couple of days before your trip you’ll receive an envelope in the mail, but don’t open it or you’ll ruin the surprise. This envelope will contain directions to your accommodations and a city guide. Without knowing where you are going, you won’t be able to dig deep into the area and research all the things you’ll want to see and spots to visit, so Pack Up and Go does it all for you. You’ll have a complete list of recommendations for spots to eat, museums or events in the area and so much more. It’s best to open your envelope once you’ve arrived at your starting point.
This is such a cool idea and I hope to be able to try out the service soon. They also have a cool feature where you can gift a trip to someone…so if there’s anyone that you know that deserves a surprise getaway or maybe some special honeymooners this is a gift that could really wow! Check out their testimonials to see what people are saying along with some of the places they have sent adventurous travels to.
Do you think that this is something that you could get into?
[clickToTweet tweet=”Are you ready for the ultimate travel adventure? Get the lowdown on @packupgo_travel” quote=”Are you ready for the adventure of a lifetime?”]
If you are looking for the best and latest in Arizona restaurant and culinary news, please make sure to sign up for our newsletter, give us a like on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and Instagram to make sure that you never miss a bite!
© Taryn Jeffries 2017