Magimix Vision Toaster Review
Still stumped on what to get dad for Father’s Day? If he’s the kind of guy who enjoys all things ‘high tech’ (you know the kind, he probably has a few iDevices displayed neatly on his desk and might enjoy reading the latest on new apps and tech news rather than organizing his tackle box), then we just might have the gift idea for you… especially if he spends a little time in the kitchen! Upgrade up his morning on-the-go breakfast routine with a new Magimix by Robot-Coupe Vision Toaster.
Who knew toasting bread could be so high tech? This cutting-edge toaster actually makes it fun to stand around waiting for your perfectly-browned toast to pop up because you can watch it happen!
I had the opportunity to test one of the Vision Toasters and was ecstatic since I’ve been eyeing them on Williams-Sonoma’s website for a while. I’m a carb gal, so more often than not, my mornings start with a toasty piece of bread slathered with butter and maybe a smear of jam or local honey. Since I have a pint-sized person running rabid in my house, some days the distraction results in a couple cycles of burned toast until finally the perfect slice pops out. Don’t pretend that it hasn’t happened to you! The Vision Toaster completely prevents that since it has a glass viewing window (genius) that allows you to watch the entire toasting process in action. Whether you like your slice lightly toasted or darkly tanned, simply press the ‘stop’ button when it reaches your desired toastiness and it will pop right up. It couldn’t be easier.
The toaster has 5 buttons on the front panel:
- Toast – Pretty self-explanatory, the toast setting will evenly brown your bread on both sides.
- Bagel – This setting gives you a wider slot to accommodate bagels and toasts only on one side, so the backside of your bagel still remains nice and soft… and warm.
- Stop/Dial – This button controls how dark you want your toast and you can press ‘stop’ at any time to pop it up.
- Reheat – I love this setting. Sometimes you just want a warm piece of soft bread… no more microwaving fresh bread to get it warm!
- Defrost – This button is great for thawing out frozen pastries and breakfast treats and ensures that the inside is just as warm as the outside. After defrosting is complete, the toaster automatically switches to the toasting setting. I hated throwing frozen pastries in my old toaster only to bite into a cold center.
Another huge bonus is how easy it is to clean. The front window panel folds down, allowing the crumb tray to slide out making it a cinch to get all of those toaster crumbs out. Have you ever frantically shaken your toaster over your trash can, watching all of those burnt crumbs fall out while thinking, “Gross… how long has that been in there??” Yeah, me neither. Cough, cough.
The toaster is available exclusively from Williams-Sonoma and comes in three colors to match your kitchen: Onyx Black, Red and Almond Cream, and retails for $199.95. Though it seem a bit of an investment for a toaster appliance, I can guarantee you’ll get plenty of ooh’s and ahh’s in your kitchen!
We’re so excited to announce that Magimix has offered to send one of our lucky readers their very own Vision Toaster in the color of their choice! Entry is easy, just follow the steps below.
THIS GIVEAWAY HAS ENDED. Congrats to our winner, Deb A.!
Purchase one for dad this Father’s Day (or if you’ve already got him covered, grab one for yourself!) at Williams-Sonoma.
The Fine Print: The giveaway is open to US residents 18 years or older. Winner will have 5 days to provide their address before another winner is chosen. In compliance with FTC guidelines, Magimix will provide the product to the winner, complimentary. PhoenixBites received a complimentary sample to facilitate the review. View our Disclosure Policy for more info.