Saving the best for last; Farmer in the House dinner series ends at Lon’s
The last stop for the Farmer In the House series is coming up this week. Perhaps the old adage of saving the best for last stands true in this series as the final dinner will be held at Lon’s at the Hermosa, a Valley landmark and one of the best restaurants for your overall dining experience.
On Thursday, May 23rd, Duncan’s Trading Company’s Farmer in the House series is going out with a bang. Pillsbury Wine Company and Lon’s at the Hermosa will be teaming up for what will surely be a palate-altering dinner. If you haven’t yet had the opportunity to attend a Farmer in the House dinner or enjoy a meal at Lon’s, call now and make your reservations. With Executive Chef Jeremy Pacheco’s passion for garden-to-plate dining and Sam Pillsbury of Pillsbury Wine Company’s dedication to creating exceptional Arizona wines, this final dinner will surely be a feast for the senses.
Here’s your preview for the dinner menu:
- First | Lon’s cellar cured black mesa prosciutto | wild surrey arugula & grilled local peaches | paired with chardonnay, 2010
- Second | calabacitas con flor | crow’s dairy goat cheese stuffed squash blossoms, shaved radishes & citrus vinaigrette paired with viognier, 2010 private reserve
- Third | roasted local suckling porchetta | baby beets, hayden mills polenta, date & baby leek soubise | paired with roan red, 2010
- Fourth | dry-aged arizona beef striploin | semolina gnocchi, roasted baby carrots, pearl onions, wilted greens & red wine sauce | paired with diva, 2010
- Dessert | roasted schnepf’s farm apricots & marinated blackberries | mesquite flour-semolina cake | shiraz, 2010 private reserve
Cast of Characters of the Evening:
- Executive Chef | Jeremy Pacheco
- Chef de Cuisine | James Ducas
- Sous Chef | Carl Rossi
- Pastry Chef | Trevor Tucker
- Sommelier | Rick Fizz
The per plate cost is $99 (which does not include tax or gratuity). Dinner will begin at 6:30pm. For reservations call 602-955-7878. Lon’s at the Hermosa Inn is located at 5532 N Palo Cristi Road in Paradise Valley.