St. Francis wants you to eat your veggies
You’ve heard it your whole life, “Eat your veggies.” Moms are notoriously always right and local favorite Chef and Owner Aaron Chamberlin of St. Francis is here to help make your mom’s good intentions easier to swallow.
Forget the bean medley from a can that may have made many appearances on your table or those freezer burned green beans looking sad on the edge of your plate. Think fresh local gems from the likes of Two Wash Ranch, McClendon Farms, Pat Duncan, Dynamic Farms, Bradley Payne Farms and Maya Farms.
Look forward to the following items making an appearance on the St. Francis menu:
· Cauliflower Soup – crisp caper, crouton, heirloom cauliflowers
· Spinach Salad – spinach, pickled onion, olive, egg
· Kale Caesar – local kale, crouton, parmesan, caesar dressing
· Beets – citrus vinaigrette, shaved red onion, almonds, arugula
· Broccoli – lemon aioli, broccoli, bread crumbs
And some tried and true veggie favorites:
· Sweet Corn Polenta
· Lil Romaine Salad
· Seasonal Fruit Salad
· Seasonal Veggies for Kiddos – with buttermilk dressing dip
· Omelette – wood roasted mushrooms, fresh herbs, goat cheese, toast
· Farmer’s Market Frittata – seasonal vegetables, cheddar, arugula
· Forbidden Rice Bowl– seven vegetables, ginger, garlic, sweet and spicy dressing
· Romaine Hearts – peas, radish, smoked bacon, buttermilk cheddar dressing
· Market Vegetable Flatbread – charred onion, spinach, avocado, arugula, lemon
So, stop by St. Francis, eat local and make your momma proud! St. Francis is located at 111 East Camelback Road, Phoenix AZ 85012. Call (602) 200-8111 or visit their site for more information or reservations.
Announcement by Taryn Jeffries, PhoenixBites Staff Writer