Amazing Grass whole food drink powders
The New Year is right around the corner and with that comes resolutions and promises for healthier bodies and immune systems. But, why not start early? You don’t have to wait until 1/1 to kick off a healthy regime and commit to making smarter eating choices.
I’ll admit eating clean can be difficult especially if you’re like me and constantly put yourself in environments chockfull of high-calorie comfort foods. With my Midwestern roots, there’s nothing more comforting than a hot plate of fried chicken and mashed potatoes at the end of a stressful day. Perhaps instead of cutting out gluttonous foods all together, I can still make a huge effort to ‘clean up’ my eating habits if I’m willing to make conscious, healthy-food choices wherever possible. For someone like me, drinking my greens is a lot easier to make sure I get my nutrients in without exhausting myself through an entire bowl of veggies. I recently discovered Amazing Grass, a pretty neat company that offers tons of whole food drink powders, superfood meal bars and other goodies that make it easy to get your daily servings of ‘green stuff’.
Amazing grass is grown and harvested in the Midwest (go figure!) on a Kansas family-run farm. They provide only top-quality, organic green superfoods to support overall health and wellness, healthy energy levels, immune function and body alkalinity. Their growing process is unique – Amazing Grass is field grown through the winter which allows the roots to soak up nutrients from mineral-rich soil for over 6 months and they only harvest the young leaves once a year at their nutritional peak and dehydrate them at low temperatures. To keep the product fresh, the grasses are stored frozen and packed in nitrogen to ensure the most nutrient-dense, raw, green food powder available.
With a huge selection of different blends and flavors, there’s enough to complement whatever juice or mixer you choose to use.
I found that I best enjoyed the products in fresh, fruit smoothies or fresh-made vegetable juice, but they can also be added to a glass of water… and some products taste best in milk (like the Amazing Meal Vanilla Chai Infusion).
I sampled many different variations and made note of my favorite products and flavors that really stood out:
- Green Superfood Raw Reserve (USDA Organic, Gluten-free, Raw & Vegan) – the Raw Reserve combines 25 billion probiotics per serving with greens from land, water and sea. With chlorella, barley grass, wheat grass, alfalfa grass, kale, dandelion, kelp and tons more, this blend is so good for you.
- The Amazing Trio Barley Grass, Wheat Grass and Alfalfa Whole Food Drink Powder (USA Organic, Gluten-free & Raw) – Keep it simple if you’d rather and try the trio. Amazing Grass recommends using it in an energizing green smoothie with half a banana, a cup of apple juice and ¼ cup of frozen berries.
- Green Superfood in Orange Dreamsicle and Cacao Chocolate Infusion – The Green Superfood variations are an alkalizing and energizing blend of raw superfoods available in a variety of flavors to suit your use. The ingredient list is long, but only full of good-for-your-body, organic superfoods. Try the Chocolate infusion in almond or coconut milk.
- Amazing Meal – I loved all variations of the Amazing Meal supplements and in each serving you get a potent blend of organic protein, greens, fruits and veggies. The Vanilla Chai Infusion had to be my favorite of the bunch. It was surprisingly sweet and creamy when added to milk, though there is no sugar added. The Chocolate Infusion satisfied a chocolate craving when I needed it and the Pomegranate Mango Infusion is a little lighter and brighter than the rest. Amazing Meal is also available in Original Blend if you don’t want a specific flavor overpowering your juice or smoothie.
- Green Superfood Whole Food Energy Bars – All of the flavors were surprisingly good. No, they won’t compare to your favorite chocolate candy bar, but up against other brands’ healthy meal bars, I was really impressed by these and they are definitely worth a mention.
This is only just a tiny bit of what they have to offer. They even have Kidz Superfood drink powders that my toddler loved (and we only mixed it with water!). They combine 31 fruits and vegetables you can’t get from a multivitamin and each serving has the nutritional power of three servings of fruits and veggies.
Learn more about Amazing Grass and view their entire lineup at amazinggrass.com. You can purchase their products online or locally at Whole Foods or Sprout’s.
The folks at Amazing Grass will send two of our readers a 30serving container of Amazing Meal Vanilla Chai and a small bundle of samples. Entry is easy, just follow the steps through Rafflecopter:
THIS GIVEAWAY HAS ENDED. CONGRATS TO OUR WINNERS, REBECCA Z. & MEGAN P.
The Fine Print: The giveaway is open to US residents 18 years or older. Winner will have 5 days to provide their address before another winner is chosen. In compliance with FTC guidelines, Amazing Grass will provide the product to the winner, complimentary. PhoenixBites received complimentary samples to facilitate the review. View our Disclosure Policy for more info.