Recipe: Sapporo’s Asian BBQ Pork Sandwich
Recently, Sapporo introduced a new lunch menu offering lighter, healthier fare to compensate for the warm months ahead. The staff was kind enough to share a recipe from their kitchen for our readers.
Learn how to make Sapporo’s Asian BBQ Pork Sandwich below:
Asian BBQ Pork Sandwich Recipe
- 4 oz pulled pork shoulder (method below)
- 1 oz red peppers, julienne
- 1 oz snow peas, julienne
- 1 oz. red onion, julienne
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 oz. Asian BBQ sauce
- 1.5 oz Napa cabbage, julienne
- 2 oz pork stock
- Kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons slaw dressing (soy sesame dressing)
- 1 Brioche bun each
- ½ tablespoon vegetable oil
- Roast cleaned pork shoulder in 1 gallon pork stock to ½ gal asian bbq, for 2.5 hours (in oven at 350 F). Remove from oven, remove from liquid, and cool for 1 hour. Pull pork and marinate in additional 2 cups asian bbq, hold.
- Cut all vegetables for slaw.
- Saute pork with oil, then add Asian BBQ sauce, continue sauté on medium for 30 seconds.
- Cut and toast bun, place open faced on large plate, marinated slaw on top, pork on bottom.
- Serve with fries or salad.
For more information about Sapporo, visit SapporoScottsdale.com.