Learning is Sexy…and Delicious!
Lunch & Learn is back! The brain-child of resident CelebuChef Beau MacMillan returns on Saturday, July 9th and is set to run through August 27th at Sanctuary on Camelback Mountain.
The weekly events are intended to bring Sanctuary guests together with culinary masters, winemakers and TV’s top chefs for a day filled with cooking, instruction, conversation, camaraderie and most importantly, really great food.
The classes take place in The Views Ballroom and the price varies with the specific event (day or evening). The make the deal even sweeter, the resort has special room rates available so that you can make a night of it.
The first class will feature the Borjorquez Family of Trocadero restaurant in Nogales, Mexico. Other classes will feature Chef Kevin Binkley of Binkley’s Restaurant in Cave Creek, Food Network’s Chef Robert Irvine of Dinner: Impossible, Chef Geoffrey Zakarian, a regular on Food Network’s Chopped and 24 Hour Restaurant Battle, Chef Eddie Matney of Eddie’s House in Scottsdale, Chef Michael DeMaria of Heirloom, Chef Marcus Samuelsson and more!
Afternoon classes are from noon-2:30pm and cost $75 per person (which covers a 3 course meal, beverages, tax and gratuity). Along with your meal you will receive take home recipes and certainly many anecdotal stories.
If you prefer something in the evening, there will be two events scheduled on July 23rd and August 13th from 6-10pm. These events will be priced at $125 and include the same features as the lunch events, plus live entertainment.
If you are looking to make an entire weekend at Sanctuary, Chef MacMillan will be hosting an exclusive dinner at XII, which is an amazing private dining room. These dinners will begin at 6pm and are limited to 12 attendees but include a multi-course dinner paired with wines for $150 per person (excluding tax and gratuity).
Details on Lunch & Learn will be updated throughout the summer on Sanctuary’s newly redesigned website. The series–including Friday dinner engagements in XII and Saturday lunches in The Views–features:
- July 9: The Borjorquez Family of Trocadero restaurant in Nogales, Mexico.
- July 15-16: On Friday, Chef Vincent Guerithault of Vincent on Camelback restaurant and Chef Kevin Binkley of Binkley’s Restaurant in Cave Creek; On Saturday, Jim Poris, senior editor of Food Arts magazine.
- July 23: Chef Robert Irvine, host of Food Network’s Dinner: Impossible
- July 29-30: Chef Geoffrey Zakarian, a regular on Food Network’s Chopped and 24 Hour Restaurant Battle.
- August 5-6: On Friday, Chef Eddie Matney of Eddie’s House restaurant and Chef Michael DeMaria of Heirloom restaurant. On Saturday, a “culinary battle” between Chef Michael Turcotte’s East Valley Institute of Technology culinary students, joined by Tram Mai, host of NBC 12’s News Valley Dish.
- August 13: Dinner with Chef Marcus Samuelsson of Red Rooster in New York City.
- August 19-20: Chef Beau MacMillan joined by a surprise guest.
- August 26-27: Chef Aaron May, a member of Arizona’s Culinary Hall of Fame, Chef Matt Carter of Zinc Bistro, Chef Charles Kassels of El Chorro Lodge and Producers of Food Network’s hit show, The Best Thing I Ever Ate will share their favorite local dishes and ingredients featuring Queen Creek Olive Mill products (with input by owner, Perry Rea).
Contact Sanctuary for room rates as well as reservations for the Lunch & Learn series.
Sanctuary | 5700 East McDonald Drive | Paradise Valley | 480-948-2100