Recipe: Grilled watermelon with baby arugula and goat cheese salad
Summer is here and the heat is intense! This season’s brutal temperatures have us craving fresh salads and lighter fare.
Chef Eric Finney of Arizona Grand Resort was kind enough to share his recipe for a simple and easy Grilled Watermelon with Baby Arugula and Goat Cheese Salad that is sure to please.
Try it for lunch or a light dinner!
Grilled Watermelon with Baby Arugula and Goat Cheese Salad
*Recipe courtesy of Chef Eric Finney, Arizona Grand Resort
- 4 cups baby arugula
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1/2 watermelon, peeled and cut into rectangles
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons high quality extra virgin olive oil
- Grill watermelon over a very hot grill just long enough to place nice grill marks on both sides and pick up some flavor from the grill.
- Place watermelon rectangles in refrigerator to cool – you want the watermelon to be very cold when you actually prepare the salad.
- Remove watermelon from refrigerator and cut into uniform cubes.
- Combine all ingredients in mixing bowl and toss. Enjoy.
Recipe announcement by Amy Martin, PhoenixBites Editor in Chief