NYPD Pizza Offers New Menu Items
Recently, NYPD Pizza rolled out 17 new menu items offering a few new artisan pizzas, as well as new calzones, sandwiches, pastas and desserts. In addition to the new menu items, guests now have the opting of ordering 10-inch pizzas, allowing patrons to enjoy their own personal pizza or try out several pizzas within a group.
The new menu items include:
- Crispy Zucchini Sticks (Appetizer) | Fresh zucchini slices tossed with panko and served with marinara or ranch dressing. | $5.95
- Spinach Salad | A classic mix of fresh spinach, bacon, red onion, mushrooms and sliced almonds topped with smoked mozzarella, then tossed in their Chelsea dressing. | $8.95 for large
- Crispy Chicken Spinach Salad | Crispy sliced chicken tops our classic Spinach Salad. | $10.95 for large
- Pesto Roma Tomato Pizza | Pesto topped with mozzarella and sliced Roma tomatoes. | $11.29 for 10-inch
- Pesto Chicken Pizza | Sliced chicken breast, pesto and mozzarella. | $12.49 for 10-inch
- Bruschetta Pizza | This white pie features olive oil, crushed garlic, ricotta, mozzarella, asiago, fresh basil and our homemade bruschetta. | $11.29 for 10-inch
- BBQ Chicken Pizza | Barbecue sauce, smoked mozzarella, chicken, sliced red onions and fresh cilantro baked NY style. | $11.99 for 10-inch
- Margherita Pizza | Fresh mozzarella, fresh basil, sliced Roma tomatoes and their homemade pizza sauce. | $11.29 for 10-inch
- Veggie Calzone | Sauteed zucchini, yellow squash, roasted red peppers and mushrooms with pesto ricotta, mozzarella and garlic. | $9.25 for large
- Chicken and Broccoli Calzone | Sliced chicken, broccoli, ricotta and mozzarella. | $9.25 for large
- Pasta Primavera | Zucchini, yellow squash, broccoli, roasted red peppers, mushrooms sautéed in olive oil and garlic tossed with linguini and grape tomatoes. | $10.95
- Kids Mac ‘n Cheese | $4.99
- Italian Cold Cut Focaccia Sandwich | Fresh Italian deli meats and cheeses topped with lettuce, sliced Roma tomatoes, crushed red peppers and our house dressing on a homemade focaccia roll. | $7.50
- Turkey Focaccia Sandwich | All-natural oven roasted turkey breast, fresh spinach, sliced Roma tomatoes and pesto mayo on a homemade focaccia roll. | $7.50
- Veggie Focaccia Sandwich | Homemade focaccia roll filled with freshly marinated zucchini, yellow squash, mushrooms and roasted red peppers topped with fresh mozzarella, spinach and house dressing. | $7.50
- Dessert: Cannolis and Kisses | Five Cannolis stuffed with our authentic homemade filling. Topped with chocolate kisses, chocolate syrup and powdered sugar. | $6.95
- Dessert: Tiramisu | The “Italian Trifle” features lady fingers dipped in espresso and brandy, then layered with a mascarpone custard and garnished with a dusting of cocoa powder. | $5.95
NYPD has 10 locations valley-wide. Recently, I was invited in to their location at 20th Street and Camelback to get a taste of some of the new items and already existing items. Some notable favorites included the Spring Fling Salad including fresh strawberries and Fuji apples tossed in a low-fat Zinfandel Vinaigrette, Veggie Focaccia Sandwich filled with fresh crispy vegetables marinated in a tangy, house dressing, the Brooklyn Pizza simply topped with pepperoni, sausage and fresh basil (simple is good!), and the Pizza Blanca White Pie (olive oil, crushed garlic, ricotta, mozzarella, with your choice of fresh spinach or roma tomatoes –we opted for spinach) that didn’t last long at our table!
The service was fantastic as the staff was genuinely friendly and knowledgeable about the new menu items. Overall, NYPD is a great family-friendly (and budget-friendly) joint, perfect for a group meal. Personally, I find it difficult to find spots around the Valley (other than quick-service or national chain restaurants) to take my 1 1/2 year old and still feel good about the food we’re shelling out money for. I’m surprised to say that this was my very first visit at an NYPD here in Phoenix, but, with toddler in tow I would absolutely visit again… and soon!
NYPD also offers specials on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Sundays for the budget-conscious. For a complete list, visit aznypdpizza.com.
To view the menu or find a location in your area, visit aznypdpizza.com.
Announcement by Amy Martin, PhoenixBites Editor in Chief
*This meal was provided to us complimentary as a part of a media invitation. However, this has no effect on our opinions and comments regarding our experience. View our Disclosure Policy for further explanation.