Sweet Republic in Scottsdale: all-natural, artisan ice cream that’ll knock your socks off
Sweet Republic has gotten a lot of hype lately and there’s no question why. Their artisan ice cream beats any we’ve tried. We know that’s a bold statement, but it’s true.
Sweet Republic’s ice cream is handcrafted and made with all natural ingredients; no artificial flavors or colors are used. Ice cream is made with fresh milk and cream – all locally sourced from independent Arizona dairy farms. Even the stores décor, from the tables you sit at to the wall art, is all environmentally conscious.
The ice cream case features 24 flavors daily (some flavors rotate based on season, crowd popularity, etc.) of ice cream and sorbet. Housemade toppings include cookies, fresh baked brownies (delicious!), hand-stirred caramel, handmade marshmallows (one look at these and you’ll be asking for the whole jar), bacon brittle (AMAZING) and more.
Some popular flavors you might spot on your visit:
- Basil Lime Sorbet – Not just a palate cleanser, but a delicious treat as well.
- Brownie Swirl (rich chocolate brownie chunks and chocolate swirls in creamy vanilla). The vanilla ice cream alone would be good enough by itself, but they’ve fancied it up even more with soft, chewey housemade brownies. This flavor easily makes the Top 5.
- Chocolate Guinness – Yep. You guessed it. Rich dark chocolate married with Guinness Irish Stout. A must-try.
- Chocolate Sorbet – One word: YUM!
- Honey Blue Cheese (their famous creamy savory combination of blue cheese and local honey). Even the kiddies would like this; a nice savory/sweet combination that could pass for desert or an afternoon snack and made even more delicious alongside their “date” flavor. Cheese course, anyone?
- Jalapeno Avocado – Interesting, but good. Everyone should try it once, but we have a feeling you’ll be asking for a second scoop!
- Salted Butter Caramel (soft buttery caramel ribbons in creamy vanilla with a sprinkle of salt). This is “are you kidding me?!” good. The hand-stirred caramel is soft and gooey and the bit of saltiness adds something extra.
Sweet Republic is located at 92nd & Shea in Scottsdale, Arizona and is open Tuesday thru Sunday from noon-10PM. Also find their products in local Whole Foods Markets. View store locations at sweetrepublic.com
Sweet Republic / 9160 E. Shea Blvd. / Scottsdale, AZ 85260 / 480-248-6979 / sweetrepublic.com